Skip to main content

How do you start / file a claim?

First, you must complete a Small Claims Information Sheet, providing all necessary information, and file it with the Wayne County Municipal Court Small Claims Department. Next, when filing the information sheet, you will be asked to sign a Small Claims Complaint and Summons (Complaint) form, that will be completed by the Small Claims staff. Upon paying the filing fee, your complaint will be processed.